Thursday, October 28, 2010

Transplant - Day 3 10:30am

What a Difference 24 Hours Makes!
Lyss is doing so much better, both physically and emotionally following a pretty good night's rest. This morning she took her first lap around the nurses station, and had very little discomfort in doing so. Our goal is for three more round trips today. She is still on a clear fluids diet, but hopes that this will change soon. Her biggest complaint is the catheter, which will probably be staying with her for a couple more days.

She will receive her third dose of Soliris this afternoon at 1:00 pm. Later today I'll write a post that details what the Soliris does and its important role in Lyssa's future.

One lab result: Creatinine...............1.1 - absolutely phenomenal - even the doctors are blown away.

Finally, but most importantly, Lyss just looked at me, and with the biggest smile said "I'm so glad I did this - I feel so great!" "It's been a long time since I felt like this."

Please pass the tissues!

dd

No comments:

Post a Comment