Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Transplant Time - # 7 10/26 - 5:30 pm

It's Working!
Back in the Room

Alyssa has arrived back in her room. She actually feels pretty good, certainly better than poor Jen does right now. This is pretty common as the transplant recipient is so used to feeling lousy, that just by adding a kidney and the resulting benefits that come with it will make a huge difference in how they feel. She's still drifting in and out but when awake, she is so excited and very expressive about what has happened today. Thrilled to have the surgery behind and ready for the next step. What she (and mom & dad) need, is a good nights rest. We are all going on 40 hours without any real sleep.

Tomorrow brings a new day filled with hope and optimism.

Let's Rock!
dd

9 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that everything went well!! I've been thinking about this all day and to hear this news was great! You all will continue to be in our prayers.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truly amazing story and these are 2 exceptional woman. They are both in our thoughts and prayers, along with the whole Deffenbaugh family. You are an amazing family and deserve all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am certain Alyssa never imagined pics likes these on the internet, but I can't imagine anything more spectacular!
    Thank you for the updates and pics throughout the day. Corporate Security will probably be paying me a visit for all the times I went outside protocol to visit a "blog" from work today, but I had to keep up with the amazing progress. :-)
    You remain in my prayers, love you all! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad that god watched over your baby girl and jen today for a successful transplant. you still will have our thoughts and prayers as they continue their recoveries and you all continue to heal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are in our prayers. Jen, what a wonderful gift. Hope you both have a speedy recovery and all goes well.
    God Bless,
    Mom Alessi... and family:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Debbie and Dave and Alyssa and family -- We prayed today for Alyssa and a successful surgery. Thank you for writing this blog. I'll never look at urine the same way again. Now I realize what a beautiful thing it is. -- Linda E. Ketchum-Pompili

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg I have never been so happy to see so much of lyssa's urine in my life. I am so glad everything went/is going so well! Jen is an angel I hope she feels better as fast as possible...and I really hope you guys get some peaceful sleep tonight love you all <3 Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the best looking urine I have ever seen!!! So happy all is going well. Debbie

    ReplyDelete