Monday, November 1, 2010

A Message from Alyssa

Hello everyone; I figured it was time for me to write something on the blog so here it goes. It's Alyssa by the way! :) This morning was a rough morning to say the least, had to wake up at 7am to go to the clinic for a blood draw and to meet with doctors, which was hard because I was so tired from being up all night, PEEING! :) No complaints here. It may sound weird to say, but I LOVE TO PEE! haha. Anyway the doctors said everything looks good as of now, which was wonderful news, even though all I wanted to do was go home and sleep! So I finally got home around 12:30 and spent almost an hour trying to figure out these meds. It's unreal. There are at least 30 individual pills that I take at 9:00am and again at 9:00pm and a whole bunch more in between. I don't know how people do this without help considering it took me, my mom and my dad to figure it all out! But I got them down, without pleasure. They are not pleasant pills. Anyway I'm getting tired so I just wanted to come on here and say Hi and thank you to everyone for all the prayers and thoughts sent my way. I really do believe there is a higher power and he helped me through this because everyone was asking him to. I am so grateful to have had this opportunity and I have so much trouble putting it into words how to thank Jen but she is an AMAZING person, who was willing to go through hell just to make me feel better. She is so wonderful and I wish I could show her my thanks, but there just aren't words. SO Jen (& Mike, Luis & little Leana, I know this has been hard on you too) I LOVE YOU, and you truly are my hero and a gift from god. I hope you feel better soon, and we will forever have a bond and tie that most people will never know. We actually call the kidney LBJ (Little Bit of Jen). And let me tell you all, this is one good working kidney, it pee's all day and night and my levels are almost TOO good. Love you Jen, you're the best!! Anyway, it's time for me to lay down, this is exhausting. Friends on the TV, and sleep sleep sleep!! Hope to see you all soon! :)
-Alyssa

6 comments:

  1. Alyssa-
    I am so happy yo hear from you! You sound so happy and you deserve it! You will be in my thoughts and prayers! I love you girl!
    xoxo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa, Tom and I have been thinking about you so much. It is wonderful to see that you are now writing the updates. We will continue to keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

    Cathy,Tom and Dylan Lombard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa,
    Am so happy to hear you are doing so well! You have been in my thoughts and prayers over the last couple of weeks. What a relief for your family! Jenny is truely a awesome person, just like our Tracy is to us. They will never know how thankful we are for their gift will they? What a strong young lady you are!!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyssa, Thanks for taking the time and expending the precious energy to blog. Your dad does a PHENOMENAL job keeping us up to date, but there is nothing like hearing it in your own special words. Glad to hear that the little piece of Jen is doing such a great job. Take care and good luck balancing out those meds. Love ya! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have me laughing out loud that you are peeing all day and night!! Also love your nick name of LBJ. There are no words to describe how wonderful it is to see you feeling better at last. You deserve this! Love you! Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad everything is going well. See you soon. Debbie and Scott

    ReplyDelete