Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2/10/09 - Special Guest Writer Tonight!

Blood pressure (BP) is the force exerted by circulating blood on the walls of blood vessels, and constitutes one of the principal vital signs. The pressure of the circulating blood decreases as blood moves through arteries, capillaries, and veins; the term blood pressure generally refers to arterial pressure, i.e., the pressure in the larger arteries, the blood vessels that take blood away from the heart.

We're running out of ways to discuss the same issue, so we'll lead with Wikopedia's definition. BP isn't Alyssa's only issue, but it is the main one now. This morning her readings were 149/96, not in the normal range, but not real bad either. Then as the morning wore on (and the pending arrival of the dialysis machine grew closer) up went the pressures...160/105; 160/120. Yet another adjustment was made and down again came the numbers, where happily they have stayed for the balance of the day. We'd love to have just one day of consistent, normal numbers.

Alyssa is adjusting to life on a regular floor. She misses the 1/1 attention that you receive in the ICU, but is very happy to have improved enough to warrant not needing that level of care. Unfortunately there is a very loud patient next door. Sleep will be very difficult, but no complaints.
dd

Tonight we're proud to bring you a very special guest writer, the person behind this blog, our miracle girl, Alyssa:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to come on and thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for everything you have done for me and my family, and for following this blog. This has been one of the toughest things my family and I have gone through, and we are so thankful to have such great friends that we know we can count on. I believe that being in all your prayers has really helped me get through this; so please keep on praying and so will I and I will get through this. You all mean so much to me, and this definitely opened my eyes to the people around me and how loving and careing my friends and family are. Also thank you to everyone who has come up to visit me, it is wonderful to have visitors to keep me company since it can get a little boring up here, and I miss everyone so much! So keep on coming please!! Well in finishing I love you all so much, and keep on reading, it means so much! Thank you all for everything, I will never be able to thank you enough.
Alyssa

6 comments:

  1. Alyssa, Glad to hear you are feeling well enough to write on the Blog. Dave has become quite the creative writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyss!!!

    I miss you!! I'm thinking about you everyday and I'm really excited I'm coming home (2/17) because I will be able to visit you! My prayers are with you chica, Love you --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alyssa, it's great to hear from you directly! Your Dad is doing a phenominal job keeping us apprised of your status, but nothing beats hearing from you. Our hearts and prayers remain with you. Think happy thoughts...puppy kisses should be good for taking that BP down a few points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Alyssa,
    It ws so wonderful to read your words - you have no idea how you have made us all feel a little better! You have gone through so much at such an unfair age - you have reached hero status for sure! Although you haven't heard from us til now please know you are in our hearts, thoughts and prayers - along with your Mom & Dad. We check the Blog at least twice a day - thank you for keeping all of us informed.
    GET WELL SOON!!! Love, Sue & Jim LeBeau

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyssa, your words made me cry! You are so sweet. You have come so far and through so much and still your courage, strength & faith never stop. Keep it up...those flood gates are going to open soon...those kidneys are healed!! Sleep tight! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Alyssa Im glad to hear from you and to hear you are doing better you will get through this you are so spunky we all miss you at bbb we miss that smile of yours you have been in my thoughts and prayers every day I will try to come up and see you soon thank your mom and dad for keeping everyone informed

    ReplyDelete